Indian Television through years ......
· Television in India started with the
.starting in Delhi on 15th September, 1959. UNESCO gave the Indian Government $20,000 and 180 sets
.daily transmission started in 1965 as a part of
· In 1972, second
.was opened in Bombay
· In 1982, Doordarshan as a National Broadcaster came into existence.
· Color TV was introduced in the Indian with the live telecast of speech by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on 15th August 1982, followed by the 1982 Asian Games.
· Pratima Puri was the first news reader in Doordarshan, when it went on air in 1959
· Hum Log was the India's first soap opera
· "Hum Log" is longest weekly serial not Daily soap, with 154
· The first animated film from India was "Ek Anek Aur Ekta", an animated short film released in 1974
· The first Indian is “Ghayab Aaya”, in 1986 and directed by Suddhasattwa Basu.
· Krishi Darshan was the first program telecast on Doordarshan in January 26, 1967.
· Sarab Sanji Gurbani was the first sponsored programmed on Doordarshan, sponsored by Texla TV
· The first to complete 1000 episodes was Sony TV's, “ Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka”.
· The first Daily telecast Soap was “SHANTI ". It was telecast on Doordarshan.
· “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” of Balaji Telefilms in STAR Plus Channel is India's longest running television show
.,(July 3, 2000 – November 6, 2008) (1830 episodes)
· Zee TV was the first privately-owned Indian channel to broadcast over cable followed by Asia Television Network (ATN)
· Dish TV was the first Indian Satellite television.