- World anti Leprosy Day is observed to create about the air-borne disease.
- Social Activist Anna Hazare declares his party name as Jantantra Morcha which will not participate in.
- Tiger Woods win his 75th PGA Tour title in the Open at Torrey Pines.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reduced by 25 points.
- World Winter games, 2013 started in PyeongChang, South Korea.
- Mumbai win Ranji trophy final at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai defeating Saurashtra.
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray to win Australian Open, 2013 final.
- England defeat India in the fifth and final ODI in Dharamshala .
- India celebrated its 64th Republic Day.
- King of Bhutan participates as Chief Guest for the Republic Day Parade.
- 4 Padma Vibhushan, 24 Padma Bhushan and 80 Padma Shri awards has been declared on the occasion of Republic Day of India by Govt. of India.
- Sreeramamurthy Janaki, the renowned playback singer refused to accept the Padma Bhushan.
- Victoria Azarenka of Belarus wins Australian Open Women’s Singles by defiting Li Na of China.
- Centre Constituted New High Court for Manipur, Meghalaya And Tripura.
- Zeman elected as Czech Republic President, first person to be directly elected .
- 3rd National Voters’ Day observe in India.
- Uddhav Thackeray elected as Shiv Sena President.
- Olympic medalists Saina Nehwal and Meri Kom will be the Election Commission's (EC) national icons.
- Rajnath Singh was elected as BJP President.
- Rahul Gandhi elected as vice-president of Indian National Congress.
- Prof. Ved Praksah appointed as Chairman of the on (UGC).
- Jharkhand was brought under President's rule.
- Congress party’s 3-day Chintan Shivir started at .
- Om Prakash Chautala, Ajay Chautala and two IAS officers were arrested for Trained teachers hiring case of 1999.
- Pakistan’s ordered arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in a corruption case.
- Mahakumbh Mela started on the occasion of Makar Sankranti at Allahabad on the confluence of Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati.
- Microsoft announced its plans to shut down Messenger service from its operating system.
- Akbaruddin Owaisi, MIM Party MLA arrested for making hate speech.
- Haryana Chief Minister inugrated National Data Centre of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) data at Maneshar, Gurgaon. The data centre will be ready by June 2014.
- Lionel Messi wins fourth consecutive Fifa Ballon d'Or in Zurich.
- 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) start in Kochi.
- named as the International Cricketer of the Year at the CEAT Cricket Awards. Pakistan named as best International Cricket Team.
- Astronautical Society of India (ASI) selected Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam, for 2011 and Dr. V.K. Saraswat for Aryabhatta Award, for 2011.