- Treasurer Ajay Shirke and secretary Sanjay Jagdale resign from their respective posts in BCCI.
- Avinash Chander appointed as the New chief of DRDO (Defence Research Development Organiastion).
- Anti-Tobacco Day Observed across the World.
- CBSE declares class 10 results.
- National Award-winning filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh dies at 49.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh elected to Rajya Sabha for the 5th consecutive term from Assam.
- India and Thailand signed extradition treaty after 20 years of negotiations.
- Arvind Mahankali of Indian origin from New York wins the Scripps National Spelling Bee for the year 2013.
- Executive Board (EB) of IOC recommended baseball, squash and wrestling for possible inclusion in the Olympic programme for the 2020 Summer Games.
- ‘Blue is the Warmest Colour’ win the prestigious Palme d’Or at the 66th Cannes Film Festival.
- Ram Jethmalani expelled by BJP Party from Primary Membership for Six years.
- BCCI constituted 3-Man Probe Panel to probe to probe the allegations against Gurunath Meiyappan and the three Rajasthan Royals players.The three-member panel also includes T Jayaram Chouta, former judge and R. Balasubramanian, former judge and BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
- Punjab Government approved Online Lottery System to Increase Revenue.
- Defense Ministry inaugurated the first fighter aircraft base of India at Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu.
- CBSE Class 12 Results 2013 were declared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) with pass percentage of 82.10%.
- England has been confirmed as the host country for the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from Twenty20 cricket format after Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings in IPL6 final.
- Amway’s India Chairman and CEO William S. Pinckney and two directors of the network marketing company on charges of financial irregularities and cheating.
- Bayern Munich wins European Champions League for the fifth time beating Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the final in Wembley.
- Mumbai Indian wins IPL 6 defeating Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in Kolkata.
- Michael Hussey and Dwayne Bravo of Chennai Super Kings claimed the orange cap and purple cap respectively in IPL6.
- France Open 2013 starts at Paris.
- Mumbai Police arrest Gurunath Meiyappan, CEO of Chennai Super Kings in connection with a spot-fixing scandal at IPL 6.
- 25 killed including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, Nanda Kumar Patel and 20 others are injured in an attack by Maoists in Jagdalpur district of Chhattisgarh.
- Radha Krishna Mathu appointed as the new Defence Secretary of India.
- The US Senate approved Indian-American Srikanth Srinivasan as the first South Asian judge to America's second highest court.
- The International Olympic Committee has set India a September 1 deadline for a new election to facilitate the country's return to the Olympic fold.
- Sebi(Securities and Exchange Board of India) turns 25.
- Mumbai Indian reaches the final of IPL 6.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone of the Indian National Defence University (INDU) at Binola, Gurgaon.
- Yuichiro Miura of Japan became the oldest man to climb the Everest at the age of 80 year.
- American Writer Lydia Davis won 2013 Man Booker International Prize.
- Elite panel umpire Asad Rauf is withdrawn from next month's Champions Trophy by ICC following media reports of his alleged linking with bokkie in IPL 6.
- UPA II complete four years in its second term.
- India successfully test fired 290-km range BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile from INS Tarkash in the coast of Goa.
- President Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday conferred the 47th Jnanpith Award, the country's highest literary award, for the year 2011 on noted writer Pratibha Ray.
- Arunima Sinha becomes first Indian amputee to reach Mt Everest.
- The President of Indian appointed Shashi Kant Sharma as the new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India who will succeed Vinod Rai.
- Chennai Super Kings reach final of IPL6.
- Supreme Court rejects a petition seeking to halt the remaining matches of IPL 6.
- Pune Warriors have pulled out of IPL by the owner Sahara India over financial differences with the BCCI.
- Indian actor Vindu Dara Singh has been arrested by Mumbai police for alleged links to bookies in IPL6.
- India and China ink eight agreements on trade, water resources.
- Yahoo announced a $1.1 billion deal for blogging site Tumblr.
- A Pakistani court on Monday granted bail to former army chief and president Pervez Musharraf who has been under house.
- Oklahoma State, US devastated by a powerful tornado which more than 90 people died.
- Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang visits India on a three day tour.
- India's first National Defence University will be set up in Gurgaon. The foundation stone of INDU will be laid by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on May 23.
- Serena Williams beats Victoria Azarenka 6-1 6-3 to win Rome title.
- Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah expands cabinet ministry with 28 ministers.
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index report, Bill Gates retakes World’s richest title from Carlos Slim.
- Atletico Madrid win Copa del Rey Cup after defeating Real Madrid 2-1 in the final.
- Nirbhay Sharma appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The department of pharmaceuticals notified the Drug Price Control Order 2013 which will lower drug prices up to 80% of 348 essential medicines including life saving drugs.
- S. Sreesanth and two other Rajasthan Royals' players arrested for spot-fixing in IPL 6 tournament by the Delhi Police.
- Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt surrendered before TADA court in Mumbai to serve his three-and-a-half year sentence in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blast case.
- Amitabh Bachchan gives Cannes opening ceremony address in Hindi.
- David Beckham announces his retirement from football at the end of this season. The former England captain made 115 appearances for his country.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today filed his nomination papers in the Assam Assembly to be re-elected as a Rajya Sabha member from the state.
- Mittu Chandilya appointed as the first CEO of AirAsia India.
- Yusf Pathan become first IPL batsman to get out 'obstructing the field' in a match against Pune warrior.
- Chelsea win Europa League.
- The 66th Cannes Film Festival start.
- England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand announced his retirement from international soccer.
- Government of India formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) under finance minister P Chidambaram to draft a law to insulate the CBI from external influence. The other members include Salman Khurshid, Kapil Sibal, Manish Tewari and V Narayanasamy as members.
- Manchester City sacked manager Roberto Mancini.
- Congress leader Siddaramaiah sworn in as the 22nd chief minister of Karnataka.
- NSE launched country’s first dedicated debt trading platform.
- The stability certificates of all the nine stands of M.A. Chidambaram Cricket Stadium, Chepauk cancelled by the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) emerged as the largest party in parliament election and Nawaz Sharif set for 3rd term as Pak PM.
- Mother's day celebrated in India.
- Fernando Alonso win Spanish Grand Prix for the second time.
- Russell Domingo will replace Gary Kirsten as Soth African Cricket Team coach after his retirement.
- Serena Williams beats Maria Sharapova in Madrid Open final and winning her 50th single title.
- Barcelona wins La Liga Championship for 22nd time.
- Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal gets additional charge of Law Ministry.
- CP Joshi is appointed as Railway Minister.
- National Technology Day observed in India.
- National Assembly election held for 272 seats in Pakistan for the first transition between civilian governments in the nation's 66-year history.
- Law MinisterAshwani Kumar and Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal resign from their post.
- Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj appointed Siddaramaiah as Karnataka Chief Minister. Siddaramaiah will be the 28th CM of Karnataka.
- Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay passed away while being treated for injuring sustained in a scuffle.
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s son Ali Haider Gilani was kidnapped in Pakistan’s Punjab province by unidentified gunmen during election rally.
- Tamil Nadu imposed a ban on sale, storage and production of gutka and pan masala.
- Congress win Karnataka State Assembly election with 121 seats while ruling party BJP gets only 40 seats.
- The Premier League champions confirmed that Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season after more than 26 years in charge.
- The Supreme Court slammed Attorney govt, CBI, A-G for sharing CBI's coal probe report with the political executive.
- Churchill Brothers of Goa win the I-League football title for 2013.
- Najib Razak sworn in as Malaysia’s Prime Minister for a second term.
- According to TRAI Survey, Uttar Pradesh accounted for the largest number of mobile subscribers in India.
- Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, the former India leg spinner, has elected as a players' representative on the ICC cricket committee.
- India and China both sides agree to withdrawing their troops to previously agreed positions from Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) sector near the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh. Chinese troops set up camp in Ladakh's Depsang Valley on April 15.
- Karnataka records 65 per cent vote in state assembly election today for 223 seats.
- Gautam Gambhir and Yuvraj Singh were dropped from ODI squad of 15-member for next month's Champions Trophy.
- P.V. Sindhu of India win the Malaysian Open Grand Prix in badminton Gold 2013 in Kuala Lumpur.
- Railway Minister P K Bansal's nephew arrested for accepting Rs 90 lakh bribe by CBI.
- Indian Cinema complete 100 years. The first film “Raja Harishchandra” was made in India 100 years ago on 3 May 1913 by Dada Saheb Phalke.
- Gulf state Qatar has bought a 5 percent stake in Bharti Airtel Ltd for $1.26 billion.
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) launched an Islamic equity index especially for Islamic investors.
- Sarabjit Singh died in Lahore hospital six days after being brutally attacked by a group of inmates in jail.
- Champions League final match will be played between Bayern Munich and Dortmund at Wembley after defeting Barcelona and Real Madrid in Semifinals respectively.
- May Day celebrated.
- Petrol price cut by Rs 3 a liter and Price of non-subsidized cooking gas cut by Rs 54 per cylinder.
- Indian population reaches 121 cores as per the census of March, 2011.