World Cup Cricket Records....
· match was played at Lord's, London on 7th June 1975 between England v India. England won the match by 202 runs.
· DL Amiss from England is the batsmen to score a hundred in World Cup. He scores 137 against India in thefirst match of World Cup.
· 1975 World Cup is the only ODI World Cup which didn't feature a sub-continent team in the semi-finals.
· Mohinder is the first bowler to take wicket in World Cup.
· Chetan Sharma was the first bowler to take a hat-trick in a World Cup.
· Sachin Tendulkar of India holds the records of scoring most runs (2278), highest number of centuries (6) and highest number of fifties (21).
· Ricky Ponting of Australia holds the of most sixes (31), most matches as captain (29), most catches by a (28) and most appearances (46).
· Australian take most wickets (71), most wickets in a world cup tournament (26) and best bowling figures (7-15 against Namibia).
· Adam Gilchrist of Australia holds the record of most dismissals as wicketkeeper (52), most dismissals in a series (21) and most dismissals in an innings (6).
· India holds the record of highest score in a match. India score 413 for 5 wickets against Bermuda in 2007.
· Australia hold the records of most wins (55 matches), 100% win in cup series (2003 and 2007), most consecutive wins (25 match).
· Zimbabwe holds the records of most losses (37 match) and most consecutive defeats (18 matches).
· Canada score 36 run against Sri Lanka in 2003 World Cup, which is lowest ever score by a team.
· Ireland holds the record of highest successful run chase (329-7) in World Cup. It was against England, 2011.
· India wins by 257 run against Bermuda, 2007 which is the highest winning margin by runs in any world cup match.
· Record for highest holds by Rahul Dravid & Sourav Ganguly, India with 318 runs against Sri Lanka in 1999.
· Fastest century score by Kevin O'Brien of Ireland against England (2011) in 50 balls.
· MC Snedden, New Zealand conceded most runs in an innings with 105 runs in 12 over against England in 1983.
· Lance Klusener, holds the record of highest average (124.00) and highest strike rate (121.17).
· Best rate by a bowler Andy Roberts of 3.24.
· Zaheer Khan of India with 27.1 holds the record fo best strike rate.
· Fastest fifty records hold by New Zealand Brendon McCullum against Canada, in 20 balls
· Highest score in an innings by Gary Kirsten of South Africa against UAE. He scores 188.
· Scotland concedes most extras in an innings (59) against Pakistan, 1999.
· Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds hosted highest number of matches with 12.
· David Shepherd of England attends as umpire in 46 matches which is a record.